- 1 lb broccoli cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 peanut sauce recipe below
- sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce if you are gluten-free, use GF soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey
- 1/8 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1-2 tablespoons hot water as needed to thin the sauce
Heat a large pot of water until it is boiling. Add in the broccoli florets and boil for 30 seconds. Use a mesh strainer to transfer them into a bowl of ice water, which will immediately halt the cooking process. Drain. Then add the remaining ingredients and toss until combined. Serve immediately, garnished with sesame seeds if desired.
Whisk all ingredients together until combined. If the dressing is too thick, whisk in hot water a tablespoon at a time until it reaches the consistency you desire.
You can add in any other veggies like carrots and mushrooms.
Photo and recipe adapted from https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/asian-broccoli-salad-peanut-sauce/?epik=06a0vE_IWn5J0