- 1 bunch Chioggia orange, yellow or red beets, peeled
- Handful fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 - 3 tablespoons best olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup soft fresh goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted chopped pistachios
- Salad greens
Shave the beets into ribbons with a vegetable peeler, mandoline slicer or spiral slicer. Toss gently on a plate or large bowl with the basil.
Whisk together the lemon juice, oil, sugar and salt until dissolved and blended.
Toss the beets with just enough of the dressing to coat lightly; add more dressing and seasoning to taste. Top with goat cheese and pistachios. Serve over arugula or baby greens.
Photo and recipe from: https://familystylefood.com/candy-cane-beet-salad-with-pistachios-goat-cheese/