- 1 bunch carrots
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon white miso paste gluten-free for gluten-free, optional
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or tamari for gluten-free
- 1 small clove garlic grated
Preheat oven to 400F.
Toss the carrots in HALF of the mixture of the oil, maple syrup, mustards, miso, vinegar, soy sauce and garlic, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Bake until tender and lightly golden brown, about 20-30 minutes, turning half way through, before tossing them in the remaining glaze and serving.
Note: You want young carrots, the ones with the leaves still on, and you want them to be thin, about 3/4 of an inch or less, so that they roast quickly.
Recipe from Closet Cooking