- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 medium red onion finely chopped
- 1 small head green cabbage
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves coarsely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
Make the dressing: Whisk the vinegar, oil, maple syrup, Dijon, and salt together in a large bowl. Add the red onion and stir to combine. Let sit at least 10 minutes for the flavors to meld. Meanwhile, prepare the cabbage.
Make the salad: Cut the cabbage into eight wedges through the core, then cut the core from each piece. Thinly slice the cabbage wedges crosswise to shred.
Add the shredded cabbage, almonds, cranberries, and parsley to the dressing and toss to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
Make ahead: This slaw can sit out at room temperature for up to 2 hours without wilting, making it a great make-ahead or buffet dish.
Storage: Leftover slaw can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
Recipe adapted from The Kitchn