- 1 pounds yellow wax beans trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces thickly sliced bacon cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 to mato chopped,
- 1 small onion very finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup chopped basil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Cook the beans in a large pot of salted boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain the beans and cool them under cold running water. Drain well and pat dry; transfer the beans to a large bowl.
In a large skillet, add the bacon and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, 7 to 8 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the vinegar, tomatoes, shallot, garlic and basil. Scrape the bacon vinaigrette over the beans, season with salt and pepper and toss to evenly coat. Serve warm.
Photo and recipe from: https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/warm-yellow-wax-beans-in-bacon-vinaigrette